Re: New to the group

Donn Perkins

Hello all,  I just joined as well although I currently do not own a SB lathe.  I do own a Atlas618 and am a member of that Yahoo group.  I bought that lathe a couple of years ago and completely stripped it down, refinished it and have used it for several projects.  It was a very fun and learning experience but now I want to step it a notch (or several?) and am looking for a South Bend 9C or 10.  So that brings me here.  I live in Seattle.  Just missed a SB9C on CL for $1200.  It was gone immediately!  Got a leader on a 9A which may be available soon but if anyone in this group knows of a nice machine for sale let me know.  Thanks.