SooLineHistory@groups.ioInterested in the Soo Line Railroad in its golden years, before it lost its corporate identity? SooLineHistory@groups.io is the place to discuss it.
The topic of discussion is the Soo Line Railroad and its predecessors, including the Duluth South Shore & Atlantic, prior to the acquisition of the Milwaukee Road in 1985. The purpose of the discussion will be to foster a better understanding of the railroad, its operations, physical plant, and equipment for the purpose of historic preservation and accurate modeling. Questions and comments about any facet of the Soo Line and its predecessors are welcome here, as is discussion of present day preservation of historic Soo Line artifacts. Questions and comments about modeling these railroads are welcome.
Because the consolidation of traffic on the former Milwaukee Road lines, and the subsequent spin off of the core of the original railroad to Wisconsin Central Ltd. resulted in such vast changes as to make the railroad unrecognizable, these topics are beyond the scope of this list, and should be discussed elsewhere.
This discussion group has no official association with either the Soo Line Railroad or the Soo Line Historical & Technical Society.
- 801 Members
- 11,479 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Only moderators can create hashtags.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.