MCT 1a Gerber files #mct #morsecodetutor

Karl Jan Skontorp

Hi folks!
Someone asked for Gerber-files for the PCB from KI4PSR. But his design system could not generate Gerber-files, so as this pcb was rather simple, I have made a version of the MCT1a with Gerberfiles. You will find it in the files section. I'm not familiar with Gerber files, so if anyone could be so nice and check if they are ok for production, that would be very nice! I have made the Gerber files in two formats, one called "X2" and the other "RS274X". I have also included the circuit diagram and the pcb. The size of my pcb and the one from KI4PSR are the same, but I have used vias and all soldering to components are done on the sodering side of the pcb. I hava also made the vias very big. I normally do it like this, because I make my own pcb, and it's easier to make a single sided pcb. Then I will use wire straps on the hardwire the "top layer" :-)
The board could have been reduced in size to fit inside 10x10cm, then it's very cheap to get prototype boards made in China. At seeedstudio.com you pay $5 for 10 pcb! (max 10x10cm) . I hvae not tried making them there, but it seems to be a good offer!

"Gerber guys", please let me know if these Gerberfiles are ok for pcb production!

Karl Jan - LA3FY

jean-marie ON7EN

gerbers seems to be ok

+/- 20 euro for 10 pieces  shipping included

73  Jean-Marie  on7en

Op 19 augustus 2019 om 10:59 schreef Karl Jan Skontorp <karl.jan.skontorp@...>:

[...]

lostfrogsrecords <dave@...>

This is Fantastic Karl!  The boards I have ordered of the 1a revision are set to arrive here today.  I will build one to test and to be sure there are hopefully no mistakes, I'm always a bit apprehensive even after numerous checks!  This makes the W8TEE system more readily available and less expensive that what I have offered.  I can that making it smaller would save a little money, but for now the size exactly fits my 3D printed holder.

Those who have asked to be on the list of my new 1a board, please don't feel obligated to buy.  Please let me know one way or the other.  I can't wait until someone builds this version to see what the price per unit is.

Thanks for doing this Karl!

Dave, KI4PSR