On order. I do prefer Amazon for this sort of thing - because those
vendors ship fast - estimated delivery tomorrow. Not next month.

- Jerry

On 2022-06-15 08:03, jjpurdum via groups.io wrote:
My bad. Take a look at Amazon B06VY1WJ8Z. Share with someone else??
Jack, W8TEE
On Wednesday, June 15, 2022 at 10:51:50 AM EDT, jerry@...
On 2022-06-15 07:29, jjpurdum via groups.io wrote:
It doesn't really matter if the switch holes are round or square,
since a printed cover is glued to the front. They are 6x6mm
switches:
Thanks Jack,
The Ebay listing you referenced said those are 12x12.
- Jerry

https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/307/en-b3f-13826.pdf
Jack, W8TEE
On Wednesday, June 15, 2022 at 10:11:17 AM EDT, jerry@...
<jerry@...> wrote:
So Jack,
These are the 12mm by 12mm switches? The other common size seems
be 6mm x 6mm.
Also, I note that you 3d-printed the front panel with square holes -
no
doubt
so you could screw the switch matrix board directly to the front
panel.
I see that such switches are available with various heights for the
actuating
pin. With a longer pin, one could mount the matrix on short
standoffs
and make
a front panel with round holes. For an aluminum front panel, it's
MUCH
easier to drill round holes than square ones.
- Jerry, KF6VB
On 2022-06-15 06:05, jjpurdum via groups.io wrote:
There's no "perhaps" about it. Look at the Figure 2-1 from the
image
list here:
The switches are the cheap momentary tactile push button switches.
We
went fancy and paid about $2.50 for 20 of them with color caps
(eBay
185209220183). So far, they work fine.
Jack, W8TEE
On Wednesday, June 15, 2022 at 04:49:12 AM EDT, Glenn
<glennp@...> wrote:
Jack, Al
The front panel shows 18 press button switches. They don't seem to
appear in any BOM? What type were used?
The diagram for those switches, Fig 4-4, shows 16 switches. With
no
apparent provision for two more to make 18.
I can't see any pictures of behind the panel in the book although I
may have missed it. What were the switches mounted on?
A PCB would be nice perhaps. And for those who use a metal front
panel
and case, switches using round actuators would be easier to drill
the
panel for (in case you don't have a square drill.)
Glenn vk3pe
Links:
------
[1] https://groups.io/g/SoftwareControlledHamRadio/message/15992