Re: Tucson leps - Pima Canyon 3/21

Mary Klinkel

Hi Peter,  thank you so much for this list!!  Are you available to help with the Spring Sabino Canyon/Santa Catalina Mts butterfly count to be held Friday 4/3/20?  I would love to have your help, I'm currently organizing the count with solos or small groups of people who are already in contact with each other.  There will be no public meeting time/place, and no compilation dinner.  I'll cover the NABA cost for the group.  All tallies will be sent to me by email, and I'll share it with participants & this group.  Let me know if you're available, thanks!  Mary Klinkel compiler

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 11:58 PM Peter DeGennaro <degennap@...> wrote:
3/21 - I hiked part of Pima Canyon in the Santa Catalinas; the highlight was a Violet-clouded Skipper (Lerodea arabus) aggressively defending its territory from any intruders. Photo: http://flic.kr/p/2iHcuC9

Full list:

Pipevine Swallowtail 1
Two-tailed Swallowtail 3
Checkered White 3
Desert Marble 5
SW Orangetip 4
Mexican Yellow 4
Sleepy Orange 1
Dainty Sulphur 1
Great Purple Hairstreak 1
Gray Hairstreak 8
Echo Azure 15
American Snout 2
Gulf Fritillary 4
Tiny Checkerspot 2
Texan Crescent 4
Painted Lady 4
Common Buckeye 6
Tropical Buckeye 1
Empress Leilia 3
Golden-headed Scallopwing 3
Arizona Powdered Skipper 3
Funereal Duskywing 4
Desert Checkered-Skipper 1
Checkered-skipper sp 4 (did not stop to ID)
Erichson's White-Skipper 1
Common Streaky Skipper 1
Orange Skipperling 3
Violet-clouded Skipper 1