Re: 15-Mar-2020 launch status

David Erbas-White

On 3/13/2020 3:47 PM, Fred Shecter wrote:

Fred,

This may be a stupid question, but as I read this it doesn't apply to the SCRA launches - is that your interpretation?

I base this on launches being:

A. Not a 'programmed' class (these generally refer to county initiated items, to my understanding), and
B. Outdoor events, and
C. Not more than 250 people, and
D. An already reserved event.

Please jump in with any clarifications...

David Erbas-White

LA County just sent an Update. I have an e-mail and a pdf of the e-mail, but here is the text of the message (sorry for bad formatting from copy & paste):

UPDATE FROM LOS ANGELES COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF PARKS AND
RECREATION ON CHANGES IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19
March 13, 2020
Dear Parks Guests,
As the situation surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19) evolves, the Los Angeles County
Department of Parks and Recreation (LA County Parks) is providing an update on
changes to programming, events, and facility usage.
We continue to prioritize the health and safety of our program participants, park guests,
team members, and community. We are working closely with the Los Angeles County
Department of Public Health (Public Health) to ensure that our Parks community receives
credible information and guidance during this challenging time.
Out of an abundance of caution and in accordance with guidance from State and local
health officials to prevent the spread of COVID-19, LA County Parks is implementing
following changes effective as of March 13, 2020, at 5:00 p.m. through March 31, 2020:
* Parks locations will remain open as outdoor-only facilities during regular hours of
dawn to dusk. Restrooms will be open during regular hours.
* All programming at LA County Parks facilities will be canceled. This includes all
recreational activities, indoor and outdoor sports leagues, aquatics classes,
instructional courses, and group sessions.
* The senior lunch program will occur on Monday, March 16 and Tuesday, March 17
at its regular LA County Parks locations. Starting Wednesday, March 18, the senior
lunch program will transition to a frozen meal pick up program. All other senior
programs will be canceled until further notice.
* Free snack programs will continue at LA County Parks locations where it is
currently offered.
* Indoor facilities such as gymnasiums, computer labs, multi-purpose instructional
rooms, and classrooms at LA County Parks locations will be closed.
* Aquatics facilities including pools will be closed.
* Large-scale events of 250 people or more at LA County Parks locations are
canceled.
* New reservations of facilities at LA County Parks locations will be suspended.
We know that you rely on our programs as consistent and crucial resources. We
appreciate your support and understanding as we adapt to this fluid situation. We continue
to assess daily operations and consult with local health officials, which may require further
changes.
We encourage you to visit the Public Health website for information and guidance,
available in multiple languages, on COVID-19. We also strongly encourage you to take
everyday actions to prevent the spread of germs.
* Stay home when sick. Stay home for at least 24 hours after you no longer have a
fever.
* Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
* Limit close contact with people who are sick.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact (626) 588-5364 or
info@....
Sincerely,
John Wicker
Director
County of Los Angeles Department of Parks and Recreation

Join SoCalRocket430@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.