Re: 15-Mar-2020 launch status

Kim West

Hi Fred,

My son Asa Garner has been at most of your Santa Fe launches in past months with his TARC team from Pilgrim. (They are the scrappy team that is 3d printing their whole rocket).

School and after school activities have been all cancelled for them as of yesterday.

Thanks for all this info, and we will stay tuned for any further updates.

All best,
Kim

www.kimwest.com
insta: @westkim

(sent from my phone -- please excuse any typos and/or dreaded autocorrects)

On Mar 13, 2020, at 1:04 PM, Fred Shecter <fred.e.shecter@...> wrote:

Weather looks bad for Sunday, March 15, 2020. We'll post something on Saturday when we are closer to a decision.

Park is open and not affected by COVID-19.

Ren-Fair has just announced that they have delayed their opening weekend by two weeks. if "things" change, they could delay further or cancel - especially if large public gatherings are banned.

TARC sent an update that they are "closely monitoring the situation regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and preparing for every possible scenario. At this moment, we have not made the decision to cancel or postpone Qualification Flights or the National Finals, but are developing contingency plans to put in place in the event of such a decision. We strongly advise you follow the recommendations of your school, the CDC, and state and local health departments regarding after-school activities, field trips, and travel."

If you are on a TARC team and the school has cancelled all after-school activities (i.e. they do not want you meeting in groups, etc.) let us know. We may be able to launch with the STARBASE folks at Joint Base Los Alamitos - unless they close the base to outsiders. I will post additional info when i get it.

The Lucerne Dry Lake launch on Sunday, April 5, 2020 will most likely NOT happen since I am told that the dry lake is now a wet lake. It will get wetter and will not dry out by then. Again, i will post a final cancellation notice once we are certain.

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117 L2
951-203-3890

Join SoCalRocket430@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.