From: Sn3@groups.io <Sn3@groups.io> on behalf of William Winans <3W2scalesonly@...>
Sent: Tuesday, November 6, 2018 10:10 AM
To: Sn3@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Sn3] Parts Needed (was Marker lamps

Hi Jace --

Sorry, never had those parts.   The store did not start to sell S until the mid 1980s when I became fully involved with the scale.  Miller was before "my time."  While I always thought S was the perfect size for model trains even as a small kid, I had developed a taste for brass models and narrow gauge even before graduating high school -- long before similar things were available in S.   Only when S began to have these things (P-B-L's DRGW K-37 in 1980) did I fully commit, and only when OMI, Oriental, AM came out with standard gauge rolling stock could the store carry anything.   While I had a world wide clientele for the S section of the shop, it never did well enough to really justify its existence and would not have been there except for my personal weirdness.   When DPH started to acquire various lines that were failing (thank you Ron), that removed them from my store, unfortunately.   At that time, I decided to let the S section die off, but sold the store not too long after anyway and moved to AZ.   The new owners did not want the S stuff (they couldn't afford it) and I kept all that, now virtually all gone after 14 years of sales at conventions and O Scale West + S or used by me (the customer of last resort).

Bill Winans

On Tue, Nov 6, 2018 at 12:40 AM JGG KahnSr <jacekahn@...> wrote:
Golly, Bill, perhaps you have the Miller diesel exhaust stack and three turned brass bells I need?
Anyone else on the list who has extras of those can also play.

And I can use two pair of the SSL&S Andrews tender trucks, if anyone has any for sale.

Jace Kahn
General Manager
Ceres & Canisteo RR Co./Champlain County Traction Co.