Marker lamps

Paul DeLaney

Does anyone know if anyone makes a kit for assembling caboose or coach marker lights / lamps ? PBL?, Cimmeron? Private party?
If not us, then who? If not now, then when? If not, why not? If not not, why?
Thanks for any help with this.

William Winans

Hi --

There have been many marker lamps of several different styles made in S.   If you have a particular type (prototype maker) in mind, that could narrow your search.   Unfortunately, the Rio Grande tended to use an unusual type of marker on occasion and I only know of one person who has made these for himself and not for public consumption.   You also need to specify whether you expect to light these things, as some are cored for bulbs, most are not.

I used to have a lot of marker lamps, and I still might have more than I need.   I just need to know what you are after.   Back when I had my shop in So Cal, I was the largest S dealer west of Chicago land.   Most of that inventory has been sold in the intervening 14 years since I sold the shop, but some detail stuff remains...

Good luck!
Bill Winans

On Mon, Nov 5, 2018 at 9:01 PM Pablo <Lowlandlizards@...> wrote:
Does anyone know if anyone makes a kit for assembling caboose or coach marker lights / lamps ? PBL?, Cimmeron? Private party?
If not us, then who? If not now, then when? If not, why not? If not not, why?
Thanks for any help with this.

Paul DeLaney

Yo Bill,
Thanks for the reply. I spoze that I should have mentioned that what I have in mind is lighted marker lamps. I know that some modelers have made their own and wrote about them in the Gazette, unfortunately, not all of us modelers have such talent or the resources to make these items ourselves.
 I think that there could be a market for this type of “assemble it yourself” kit, with all the parts included ( housing, bulbs or LEDs, wireing, and pickups ). I know that I would go for 7 or 8 pairs to put on all my RGS cabooses and coaches. Perhaps PBL or Mr. Steve Hatch will see this post and give some thought to producing just such a cool detail kit in Sn3, or all scales for that matter. They would probably sell like hotcakes at the conventions.
 How do you other modelers feel about something like this ? Maybe if enough of us express interest, some enterprising dude or company just might put together a kit for lighted marker lamps. Thoughts please?

PS.
  Bill, I Model the RGS in Sn3. Do you think that you might have any extra lamps that you might want to part with for this railroad? You can contact me off group at:
lowlandlizads@...
 I live in Phoenix, Aridzona. Are you still in California ?
Thanks for your help

William Winans

Hi Paul --

You email address does not work.   Send me an email off-list at 3W2scalesonly@... .

Bill Winans

On Tue, Nov 6, 2018 at 8:44 PM Pablo <Lowlandlizards@...> wrote:
[...]

Hi all Tucson area guys (and gals) --

Are any of you going to be open for layout visiting on the 10th (Saturday)?   I am contemplating making the trip down that way for the NMRA division meet, and there was a mention of layout tours after the meet.   I want to take full advantage of the 6 hours worth of driving I will have to do, so if you have an S/Sn3 scale layout (not hi-rail), I would like to see it.   Please email me back at 3W2scalesonly@... if you are willing to show your stuff.

Have fun!
Bill Winans
Prescott Valley, AZ

Paul DeLaney

Thanks to all who replied to my question about marker lamps.
Mr. Max Maginness informed me about “Tomar Industries”, and they seem to have just what I’m looking for.   c(:~>
Happy modeling to you all.

Paul