What should P-B-L make next? #poll

Mark

Hi All,

Being relatively new to Sn3, I am having a difficult time expanding my locomotive and car roster due to the limited availability of kits, RTR and brass.  I scour the usual suspects (eBay, brasstrains.com, various online hobby stores, etc.) and rarely find any selection.  I know the Sn3 community is small but dedicated and I also realize that most of the community has been modeling in this scale for quite a number of years and has had the opportunity to procure most of what has been available by the various manufacturers since the late '80s.  but this lack of availability puts a damper on my enthusiasm.  The folks at P-B-L have been fantastic with their service and answering my newbie question on their long out of production locomotives and rolling stock.

I also noticed in this list there have been reports from the NNGC and P-B-L having a lack of interest for the C-16 project (I also do not see this as a viable project as Sn3 C-16's are readily available).

....so I take keyboard in hand to ask the community "What should P-B-L make next?"

The list is long and by no means complete so pardon me if I do not list a specific locomotive or piece of rolling stock you are looking for.

Regards,

Mark

Results

See Who Responded

Geoff Hamway

Hi Mark --

I've cast my vote and hope others will as well.  And I can appreciate your frustration at lack of availability, although there aren't many new brass projects in ANY scale.  I did note that PBL had a pretty good selection of used brass at the convention -- if you haven't already done so, you should let Keren know what you're looking for.  I've found PBL to be very good about letting me know when something I've asked about turns up.  It's not a bad idea to ask on this group, too.  Many of us have things we don't really need, and might part with them if prompted.  Good luck!

Geoff Hamway

ebt16

Hello everyone

I have one or two other Sn3 items not on the list. I have asked PBL for some time would they ever consider an eastern narrow gauge engine. The ET&WNC ten wheelers are very nice small motive power. For those who are freelancers or eastern NG modelers they are ideal. My other request which I have not sent to them in a while is the WP&Y/SV ALCO mikados. An inside frame locomotive. I doubt the market for any of the EBTs inside frame mikados would be limited to a handful of modelers. A doubt there will ever be another passenger car run. I remember Bill Peters calling me about the delay in release as I had ordered a Chili line set and several other cars. A rather large order for me. I was surprised to get the call and Bill spent a considerable time on the phone discussing the issues with me. Hindsight being 20/20, I wish I had ordered a second Chili line set as I am about to embark on a Chili Line module project. Another run of K-28s is always on my list.

Matt
Freeland Maryland

Brooks Coburn

Interesting topic. Would there be any interest in a re-run if the SPNG engines now that they have #18 restored and running again out in Laws?

EBT would be fun too but it would have to involve kits for the hoppers. (That would be a two-fer.)

Brooks

Lydecker,Robert Cynthia(11)

I’m thinking a small logging style rod engine (something like a 2-6-2 or 2-8-2) would be quite useful. Of course a 70 ton three truck Heisler would be terrific!!

... Bob

On Sep 12, 2018, at 8:16 PM, ebt16 <matthgmk28@...> wrote:

[...]

Jason Sanford

I like the idea of re-runninng the SPNG equipment.  I also will cast my vote for anything DSP&P.  I can only imagine how awesome PBL DSP&P equipment would be!

Jason

mail2archive@...

I don't have a crystal ball, however I suspect that PBL will not consider producing another hybrid. The cost of cutting the molds combined with the limited number of engines does not make financial cense. The K-27s was a good experiment because it is their most popular model and allowed multiple numbers and configurations.

I too would love to see a logging locomotive like a 2-6-6-2 that http://www.glacierparkmodels.com/Tank_Mallets.html made. I am sure that Glacier Park would share the drawings with PBL.

I suspect that the passenger cars will be next. PBL has already started working on the drawings and went down to Knotts Berry Farm to do measurements. I want a Shavano set.

After that my guess would be a run of C-19s. Running the C-19s they could do D&RGW, RGS and C&S.

But whatever they do, I am sure it will be museum quality.

Bill B.

JGG KahnSr

RailMaster in Australia makes kits for the WP&Y 2-8-2's

Jace Kahn
General Manager
Ceres & Canisteo RR Co./Champlain County Traction Co.