Where can I find the absolute basics?

Karl Adlon

Hi All
I have an 18" f4.5 Dob that I'm considering updating to goto.
What is/are the best place(s) to start?
Thanks Much!
Karl

Don W

Hi Karl,

Welcome to SiTech.  The SiTech system is very good at converting mounts to GoTo and tracking.  Back in 2009 we wrote a Setup Manual that describes the features and many examples of mount installations and conversions using the Servo I controller.  That manual is available at http://www.siderealtechnology.com/SetupManual.pdf

There is also an Operations Manual that describes using the SiTech system at http://www.siderealtechnology.com/OperationsManual.pdf.

Since that time a Servo II controller was developed.  It has a much faster processor and can handle more current for larger servo motors.

The servos that SiTech sells may be enough to control your 18" DOB, depending on how you decide to drive the axis.  Those servos ar easily controlled with the Servo I controller.  SiTech buys these servos in quantity, so their price is the best.  If you need larger servos, the cost will go up a lot.

This forum is always available to answer questions you might have.  There are many SiTech users who have knowledge and experience doing what you want to do.

Don W

Karl Adlon

Thank you! I was hoping it would be something like that!
Karl