Topics

Our Ice Storm and Power Outage

Dan Gray

Hi all,
Sorry I've been missing in action.  We lost power Friday night, and finally got power back last night.
We've been living in Samantha's RV.  Now that we have I-Net again, I'lll get caught up on emails.

Here's a video of our Ice Storm.

Dan

Joshua Hufford

That is some serious ice!

Stay safe, glad you have power back now.

Josh

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 10:36 AM Dan Gray <grayarea@...> wrote:
Hi all,
Sorry I've been missing in action.  We lost power Friday night, and finally got power back last night.
We've been living in Samantha's RV.  Now that we have I-Net again, I'lll get caught up on emails.

Here's a video of our Ice Storm.

Hi Dan,
I watched the video, that was a lot of crunching ice and amazing number of trees and branches that fell.  I am glad to see you and Sam doing well.  Stay well and warm.  Even your dog was wearing a sweater.

you obviously had quite a storm Dan - the weight of ice on those trees had a big effect.
It looked like a beehive at one minute in on the left?
Keep warm,
Paul

moofrost@...

Gnarly! Where are you guys at Dan? I am in Pflugerville, TX and it was pretty much this you have here. Brutally cold and everything was icy.

Don W

Texas isn't the only cold place in the USA.  Dan is in Oregon.  The midwest and east are also very cold, but they are prepared for it.  I am sitting in sunny southern California in 70 degree sunny daytime weather.
Don W

CandCShaw

Hi Don!  I sort of feel guilty enjoying the 60s here in east-central FL!!!!   Very few evenings are good for observing and fewer ok for imaging however. But watching the Wx for a lot of the country, I really feel fortunate!!!!

Chuck

On Feb 21, 2021, at 3:20 AM, Don W <westergren@...> wrote:

Texas isn't the only cold place in the USA.  Dan is in Oregon.  The midwest and east are also very cold, but they are prepared for it.  I am sitting in sunny southern California in 70 degree sunny daytime weather.
Don W

Mike Colyar

You snowflakes. I haven’t see 50 degrees since thanksgiving! I live in the far N.W. corner of Washington State.

My theory of why so much cutting edge design work comes out of the N.W. is that we don’t see the sky for months at a time so there is plenty of time to work indoors and think up more wonderful stuff.

Mike

On Feb 21, 2021, at 8:16 AM, CandCShaw <candcshaw@...> wrote:

Hi Don!  I sort of feel guilty enjoying the 60s here in east-central FL!!!!   Very few evenings are good for observing and fewer ok for imaging however. But watching the Wx for a lot of the country, I really feel fortunate!!!!

Chuck

On Feb 21, 2021, at 3:20 AM, Don W <westergren@...> wrote:

Texas isn't the only cold place in the USA.  Dan is in Oregon.  The midwest and east are also very cold, but they are prepared for it.  I am sitting in sunny southern California in 70 degree sunny daytime weather.
Don W

Russell R

That's "temporary" snowflakes to you Mike.

Texas coast
Russell R.

Mike Colyar

I’m usually in Southern Baja every winter for six months. I carry my 5105 in my pack when I go dirt bike riding in the mountains. T-shirt weather, my dirt bike and ham operation. It doesn’t get much better.

Such here in the cold is just punishment. Grump.

Mike