FocusPocus ASCOM extensions?

jmgoldba

It'd be nice to have ASCOM 'extensions' that can access the functionality in SiTech's Auto Focus Control tab such that it could be used via observatory control programs like ACP. If that functionality is already included I couldn't find help for it in the HelpFiles folder. Thanks, Jesse

Don W

Hi Jesse,
Look in your VBScripts folder for SiTech - TestAutofocus.vbs
Don W

jmgoldba

On Wed, Aug 11, 2021 at 01:21 PM, Don W wrote:
Look in your VBScripts folder for SiTech- TestAutofocus.vbs
I just love asking stupid questions because they have such simple answers! Thanks,

jmgoldba

Hi Don,

TestAutofocus.vbs
Well simple - ish. What does the 1.6  signify and how exactly does the DoAutoFocus command get the other parameters it needs? Do they have to be saved in the file wherever "Save Settings" puts them or is what you last entered via the GUI good enough? Thanks,

Don W

I have no idea what the 1.6 means - it was added to this script in 2016.  Since this is a SiTech script and command, it gets it's parameters from your running SiTech.  This should work fine with the 25 inch.

Don W