Mesu mount acting up

dan adi

It is a servo II. Good to know about "Cycle Comm Port" option. After reinstalling the sitech software, everything went back to normal with no errors.
Thanks for the pointers

Dan Gray

Is this a servo1 or servoII?  If servo||, there is a jumper on the servoII board that activates the RS232 instead of the USB.
You have to reboot the controller if you put this jumper on.
You cannot upgrade the firmware with the RS232, otherwise it acts the same.

If you loose communications, there's a button on SiTechExe/Config/ to "Cycle Comm Port"
"alt/dec encoder tracking error"means that the declination scope encoder does not agree with the motor encoder.  If you trust the scope encoder, go to SiTechExe/Features/Controller Stuff.
THere's a button labeled "Set Motor location to Scope ENcoder location"
Dan

On Fri, Jul 16, 2021 at 1:39 PM dan adi via groups.io <cioc.adriandan=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks Chuck, but sometimes it just very frustrating. I mean how much one has to spend to have gear that just works ?!

dan adi

Thanks Chuck, but sometimes it just very frustrating. I mean how much one has to spend to have gear that just works ?!

CandCShaw

Good work!

Chuck

On Jul 16, 2021, at 2:18 PM, dan adi via groups.io <cioc.adriandan@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Update: I plugged in and out the usb port at the computer side a couple of times, installed the sitech95P version, and now the ports work ... I repeated the sync procedure, parking etc. and the mount works
God I hate usb and comm ports!!! I think 10 micron has the mount connection trough RJ45 cables, can the sitech 2 controller be updated to use RJ45 - TCP/IP conections? I find them most reliable.
Before I made this work, I spent half an hour getting the comm ports to work with the Optec FocusLynx Hub.
I repeat : I hate usb and comm ports :)) annoying as hell

dan adi

Edited

Update: I plugged in and out the usb port at the computer side a couple of times, installed the sitech95P version, and now the ports work ... I repeated the sync procedure, parking etc. and the mount works
God I hate usb and comm ports!!! I think 10 micron has the mount connection trough RJ45 cables, can the sitech 2 controller be updated to use RJ45 - TCP/IP conections? I find them most reliable.
Before I made this work, I spent half an hour getting the comm ports to work with the Optec FocusLynx Hub.
I repeat : I hate usb and comm ports :)) annoying as hell

dan adi

Edited

Hey guys, for the last year or so I was waiting for my refractor to be built, so there was no mount activity. (it is placed in a observatory)
Today I put the CW down, telescope looking west about over 30 degrees, cause I have a horizon file built, I powered on the mount, choose a star in the west, sync/init, then stop, then park, then power off.
Then power on, and I get the messages: bad scope column, faking servos, alt/dec encoder tracking error....
Also the comm data LED is off, on the sitech II controller. Is it supposed to be off? or glowing red?
My guess is that I have a communication port error..?
Also I changed the usb cable, same error. I am running version 0.95A
The strange thing is, when I start the Sitech Config aplication, I am able to read all the data from the controller...
So what is going on? Any ideas?

PS: I don't know about other Mesu users, but for the last 4 years, I have spent 75% of my clear nights troubleshooting this mount, although I thought this should be a very good mount, It is starting to get on my nerves