SGP Camera Control Support

Ross Salinger

There was some previous discussion about using SGP rather than MaximDL for imaging in SiTech. Is that now a supported feature which includes both camera control and the use of PHD for guiding?

Rgrds-Ross

Don W

Hi Ross,
Yes, SiTech can connect to SGP Pro.  It is in the Camera Stuff in SiTech ChangeConfig.  I haven't used it since I don't have SGP.

Hi Ross
In sgp just pick sitech DLL from the telescope chooser. As Sitech is an ASCOM application, it will work with any ASCOM software.

In your equipment profile in sgp pick PHD2 as the autoguider.

There's a really good support forum for sgp, just Google main sequence software.

Thanks to both of you for the responses. I'm thinking of abandoning MaximDL this summer. What I was really wondering is whether SGP and PHD can be used to replace MaximDL, including plate solving and model building.

I should have asked it that way.

I'd like to do some things using SiTech that MaximDL just doesn't support properly and so that's why I asked the question. No knock on MDL which has it's own strengths, of course. Just horses for courses.

Rgrds-Ross

On 5/6/2021 2:13 PM, paul K wrote:
Hi Ross
In sgp just pick sitech DLL from the telescope chooser. As Sitech is an ASCOM application, it will work with any ASCOM software.

In your equipment profile in sgp pick PHD2 as the autoguider.

There's a really good support forum for sgp, just Google main sequence software.

Paul