Error on slew

paul K

Hi Dan,

I wonder if you can help with this please. I've posted it to the sequence generator pro forum too.

When I pick slew to target in sequence generator pro, if Sitech has the mount parked, I get this dialog in SGP

On that 1st dialog, if I select 'Yes', I then get this error (message 2):

Any thoughts on a solution to this would be much appreciated,

Hi Paul,

Why don't you just unpark in SiTech first???

that's the workaround I've used Don. But now I'm moving my observatory to a new remote location where automated starts will be required. Sgp allows me to control all aspects so I can set a start and end time time for a sequence of images, have it start the PHD2 software, autofocus, platesolve and auto centre on target.

Just a quick update on this, it looks like the SGP team has a solution.
Thanks,

Hi Paul,
OK, that sounds good.  Let us know if it all works out.

ok will do Don, the SGP team are including the fix in their next software release and I'm not sure when that will be, but their software auto detects when updates are available, so as soon as it arrives i'll check out and post back.
Best wishes
Paul

On Mon, 5 Apr 2021 at 23:55, Don W <westergren@...> wrote:
Hi Paul,
OK, that sounds good.  Let us know if it all works out.

Hi Paul,
I was pretty sure that the fix was in SGP.  I am glad they are responsive.  The ASCOM commands work when they are applied correctly, but sometimes the connection between software misfires.  In this case, ASCOM unpark of SiTech works from every other software, but not SGP, so it was logical to fix SGP.
Don W