Private: Re: Re: [Sitechservo] Mesu 200 Mk2 Tracking stops close to equator

Jaspal Chadha

Jose how did you get on today ?

Kind Regards

On 18 Feb 2021, at 22:55, Jaspal Chadha <jaspalchadha@icloud.com> wrote:

Hi all

I want to say that my problem in the RA drift is now solved ( fingers crossed )

Pointing anywhere in the sky and guiding under 1 arc MIN 0.34 RMS at times.

I guess the issue was within the RA and by tighten it has stopped the drift. There was also no need to change the ticks after that.

Chin up all.

Kind Regards

Jose Ignacio Sanchez Rodriguez

Thanks for asking Jaspal. Lucas made me perform a few tests on the mount to asses if the clutches were performing well. Which they seemed to be.

After that he tried to listen the sound of the axes while slewing and determined that the RA axis did not sound as it should.

So we tried to move down the RA motor, the same that you did in your mount. But we did not achieve a noticeable change in the sound. As the mount head was in its tripod and it was difficult to reach the RA motor and, more importantly, for Lucas to get a clear look at it via Skype, we decided to meet again on Monday with the mount head detached and laying on a table (RA motor up) to try to adjust it better.

So it looks promising.

On Sunday I will run the Guide Assistant with the rig on the CEM 60, so I can advance on the testing. After the adjustment on Monday y will do the same with the Mesu as soon as I get clear skies. This will probably be on Thursday or Friday.

Lucas was very helpful and it was very reassuring for me to have this face to face interaction.

I’ll keep you posted.

Have a nice weekend,

Jose

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 19 feb 2021, a las 22:01, Jaspal Chadha via groups.io <jaspalchadha=icloud.com@groups.io> escribió:

Jose how did you get on today ?

Kind Regards

On 18 Feb 2021, at 22:55, Jaspal Chadha <jaspalchadha@icloud.com> wrote:

Hi all

I want to say that my problem in the RA drift is now solved ( fingers crossed )

Pointing anywhere in the sky and guiding under 1 arc MIN 0.34 RMS at times.

I guess the issue was within the RA and by tighten it has stopped the drift. There was also no need to change the ticks after that.

Chin up all.

Kind Regards

Jaspal Chadha

That’s great to hear Jose fingers crossed for you

Kind Regards