Sitech controller AUX

Jaspal Chadha

Hi guys

I have the sitech controller that came with my e200 Mesu mount.

What is the AUX connection for and be used as

TIA

Don W

Hi Jaspal,

Generally the aux input is not used.  The only reference I know of is to use homing switches connected to the aux inputs.  Otherwise, just ignore it's existence.
Don W

Mike Colyar

There is some information in the Setup Manual. Ver. 1.2a 2005-2009
Appendixes L, M and O. Starting on page 112.

See Don. I have been reading the manuals!!

Mike

Don W

Hi Mike,
Well, it is good to know that all the work Chuck Shaw and I did 12 years ago to write those manuals still has some value and some readers. SiTech has been upgraded through the years, but those manuals still have valuable information, they don't cover the Servo II controllers, but the main software features  and use are still the same.

Most folks don't know that you can connect a potentiometer or one of these
to that auxiliary port, or the I/O connector on a servoII.
This serves as a "poor man's" absolute encoder, it will also put your mount in "blinky" if the encoder doesn't match this input.
Dan