Latest software versions #oscillations

ghitaeu@...

Hi,

I find it very hard every time I want to find the latest software version. I always have to browse all over the messages here to find some small reference to it. Can Dan or somebody at Sidereal Technology update a topic on this user group with the url of the latest version of the software?

Thank you!

Mihai

Che

I agree, there needs to be a place we can always go to find the latest versions,

Che

On 2/22/2020 12:23 PM, ghitaeu@... wrote:
Hi,

I find it very hard every time I want to find the latest software version. I always have to browse all over the messages here to find some small reference to it. Can Dan or somebody at Sidereal Technology update a topic on this user group with the url of the latest version of the software?

Thank you!

Mihai

Don W

I agree with you both that it would be nice to easily find the latest version.  I keep a list of the latest versions and their URL's to be able to answer requests such as this.  Dan also often replies to forum questions about the latest versions.

So the current latest version is http://siderealtechnology.com/SiTechSetup095A.exe

Don W

Che

Seems it would be a lot less trouble for Dan or Taj or ? to just post it on the Sitech website.  Current version listed there is 0.94n from 2017.

Che

On 2/22/2020 8:26 PM, Don W wrote:

I agree with you both that it would be nice to easily find the latest version.  I keep a list of the latest versions and their URL's to be able to answer requests such as this.  Dan also often replies to forum questions about the latest versions.

So the current latest version is http://siderealtechnology.com/SiTechSetup095A.exe

Don W

raro_observer <phil@...>

Thanks for the link Don but you have to know what the latest version is called before you can see it. Maybe tell us now what the next version will be called or, as Che suggests, just post with a link on the website.

Phil

Dan Gray

We like to have a few folks have success with a version before we post it online.
For instance, I have a few folks that are using 0.96A right now.  We've had success with that.  I'll be going to south africa on the week of march 8th.  I'm hoping to test this version there.
Once there's a few "miles" on a version, I can have Taj post it.
Dan

On 2/22/2020 8:26 PM, Don W wrote:

I agree with you both that it would be nice to easily find the latest version.  I keep a list of the latest versions and their URL's to be able to answer requests such as this.  Dan also often replies to forum questions about the latest versions.

So the current latest version is http://siderealtechnology.com/SiTechSetup095A.exe

Don W

raro_observer <phil@...>

Hi Dan

I normally use Planewave’s STI 1.4 but today I tried SitechSetup095A.exe and got an error message when I tried to open Skyview.
There was nothing else running and when I clicked on the Skyview button then Planewave’s PWI 3.4.0 opened followed by the error message below.
I then tried installing v0.94N but I got the same result. Any ideas that can help me run Skyview?
My scope is 8000 km away and is remotely controlled from my home.

Phil Evans

Skyview fail Capture

Don W

Hi Phil,

Dan may have the perfect fix, I am just guessing.  But the error note says another program is accessing that file.  The planewave program is probably doing that.  Try rebooting your computer to completely sever all software ties, then run SiTechexe.

Yes, I found this problem recently on another mount in Georgia.
They are running SiTechExe, and they're using PWI for their focuser and rotator.
I haven't found a solution yet.   It's really a pwi problem, they should close the file after reading it.
Maybe I'll just have to make a new file with a different name, but I suspect that's just the first file, and I'll have to rename a lot more.
Dan