Meridian Limit Under Pole

gary neilson

Hi All,

I need to stop tracking a few degrees west of the north azimuth (scope on the west side of pier, counterweight on the east and the scope pointing north). I think I set the under pole to a positive number (say 175) to stop it tracking 5 degrees west of the northern azimuth.

Since getting a larger diameter scope in my dinky observatory, I can't track to the meridian for objects in the north without the scope colliding with the roof motor west of the north azimuth. I'm assuming if I set the under pole correctly, the mount will stop, wait for the object to pass the meridian then flip as normal.

I can leave the meridian limit west as is because there is no risk of a collision.

Thanks

Gary.