Re: #question What determines azimuth in SiTechExe? #question

Mark Copper

Edited

That is, indeed, the behavior I expected, but it does not seem to be what I'm observing.

For example, I synced to Segin (epsilon cass) a few minutes ago. At my latitude, azimuth should be about 331 degrees and altitude about 26 degrees. However, under numbers, the az is about 2:30:00 or ~38 degrees; alt is about 8:10:00. Scope az and alt under "controller stuff" is indeed close to the "numbers" numbers.
Yikes! My clocks were out of sync. And having corrected them I got a proper updating of alt and az upon syncing on a star. I got a hint when my planetarium software said a star was up but SiTechExe warned it was below the horizon!