Re: Stars drift with high resolution encoders

<Joerg>

Hi Dan,

The encoders have been discontinued but I found a link to the user manual.

http://www.enkodery.pl/download/instrukcja_obslugi_gc-mk.pdf

I have a pole length of 1mm and the highest resolution read head.

Now I made some additional tests. In all modes with activated scope encoders the drift is visible, also with tick management.

There is no large difference whether only one Az or Alt encoder have been activated or both at the same time.

When one or both scope encoder enabled the star follows a circular trail of about 3 times the star diameter. The time for a complete circle is several seconds.

What I don’t understand is the circular trail when only one encoder is enabled.

In my opinion in that case should be the trail a line if magnetization accuracy and interpolation error are blame for that.

Joerg