Re: Stars drift with high resolution encoders

Dan Gray

Joerg, can you let us know the encoder part number?  The magnetic encoders have a lot of interpolation error.  We should look this up.
My guess, that's the problem.
Dan

On Wed, Aug 11, 2021 at 7:44 AM <Joerg> <joeps@...> wrote:

Hi Russell,

I'm unsure whether I tested Tick Management. Maybe not but as soon as possible I will do that.
But who knows what happens if "Track Only Sidereal (No PXP)" has been clicked?

The text box say: “This option will disable Offset Tracking Rates, and Pulse Guide ASCOM methods.”

Are scope encoders offline at that mode? Do sidereal rate comes only from motor encoder in that case?

Joerg