Re: "siteching" a Celestron CI-700?

jervisbayastro

Dave,
I went down that same rabbit hole but can't find the end now. Digging back through my CI-700 'database" I have found other CI-700 related info I've collected plus there could be a copy of the original "Hercules" page files and photos. I haven't worked out how to reconstruct it yet but there appear to be some photos which may be of use. I'll have a dig through it.

In my original reply I conflated what I thought I remembered of that site with this one regarding the thrust bearing mod.
http://www.skydude.me/ci700mods.html

Not sure if this page is relevant.
https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/374428-why-am-i-wrong-synscan-upgrade-on-a-ci-700/page-2

A CI-700 OnStep conversion in french, but the photos don't need translation :)
https://www.webastro.net/forums/topic/168576-onstep-celestron-ci700/

I think the attachment is from the CN archive.