Re: "siteching" a Celestron CI-700?

Dave Lane

Thanks Joshua, for the detailed reply and pictures. I originally thought it might have been built by Losmandy, but my googling would indicate it was Celestron's first attempt after reselling/rebranding the G11. The mount is free to me - a fellow is giving me a long unused C-700 + C14 from the mid 90s. I expect it really is not beefy enough for a C14, except for visual use. I'm also getting a couple of what looks like un-used Meade Pictor CCD cameras :-).

Dave

ps. I see you have one of the rare Kendrick Premier Power Controllers - that was my design. I never did get one myself. He did not sell many of them based on the royalties that I received!