Re: How do I connect SiTech.exe over TCP/IP network to a ZWO ASI533 camera connected to a 2nd laptop?

Rusty Fletcher

Hello T. van Hees,

Thank you for your input. I think the bottleneck is when the auto-guider camera and the main imaging camera attempt to download images at the same time it slows things down by about 30% to 40% for just a second or two. But, that is time that I want to save by separating the cameras and connecting them to separate computers. This will speed up the process and allow for better auto-guiding to compensate for my homemade ALT/AZ mount that I built over 20 years ago. Ideally... I want to cycle through auto-guiding corrections on both axes every 2.5 to 3 seconds. That's my goal. Unless I purchase a much more powerful computer I can't see any other way to fix the problem. Using two older computers does solve it. Both computers are running dual core processors and 4 GB memory on Windows 7 professional. Running everything... (SiTech.exe;   The Sky 6 connected to SiTech.exe (ASCOM);   ASI Studio V1.4 running "Deep Sky Imaging" connected to my ZWO ASI533 Camera;   PHD2 Guiding 2.6.9  connected to both My Mead DSI II Camera & SiTech.exe (ASCOM))... on one computer is just too sluggish!

Rusty