Re: Meridian Flip Settings Explained

MartinC

Thanks Don,

I installed 095P in my observatory & configured the settings as above, then setup SGP to target NGC7023. I've just tried plate solving & centering. For both cases I had the mirror slew condition.

I then repeated with the default Over Pole & track past settings (2, -2 & 2). This time I can confirm plate solving & centering worked perfectly.

Personally my preference would be a method of 'ignoring' the track past limit. Then I could just leave the Overpole limits alone???

But I have no idea how difficult that would be? Maybe it would just be masking what ever the underlying reason is? So pehaps it would be best to understand why first.

I'll look forward to hearing Dans findings.

Many thanks for your attention, Don.

Best regards
Martin