Re: Quite A Learning Curve

Rusty Fletcher

Hello Don,

I have been trying for over a week to fully understand this? You said " Pulseguide measures the error and sends a required correction in terms of arc-sec to the controller (inside the PC)". My question is: How does Pulseguide measure the error? Doesn't the guiding camera (not the main imaging camera) have to take an image (1 or 2 sec exposure), download that image to the computer, then PHD analyze the amount of error correction that needs to be done, and then send a correction to the SiTech controller? It seems to me if I have only one computer constantly downloading small images (I use a Meade Deep Sky II camera for auto-guiding on a second guide-scope) every 3 or 4 seconds, and (that same computer) downloading high resolution color images from my ZWO ASI533 camera through a USB 3.0 cable every 20 to 40 seconds, and that same computer running planetarium software (The Sky 6.0), things are going to start lagging and running slow. And, sometimes there will be delays between the computer trying to download auto-guiding images and trying to download the main images at the same time, which will cause lots of tracking problems. For ALT/AZ auto-guiding I like for my guiding corrections to occur in less that 5 second intervals. That is when I get the best images. I usually take about 200 or more images of one deep space object and stack them. Attached is an image I did recently.