Re: Meridian Flip Settings Explained

MartinC

Hi Paul,
Yes that's it exactly. My observatory is small compared the the scope size. The dew shield is always very close to the dome walls & the shutter threshold is quite high. The difference in dew shield height between starting imaging with weights up/down is approx 1.6m. So if I begin imaging weights up either in the east or the west my scope can't always 'see' over the shutter threshold. That's why I need it to flip on goto's so that I can begin imaging a new target weights down. I'm happy for it to track past the Meridian until I run out of useful sky.

So my criteria are:
I need it to flip on goto's
I need it to track past both Meridian
I need it to operate with the Meridian in the correct place; not st a Meridian that's been artificially moved to a different place in the sky.

Best wishes
Martin

Sent from my Galaxy