Re: Meridian Limit and Unpark Question

Joshua Hufford

Hi Don, I'm using a longer scope now that I was previously, and with my large 8 position filter wheel if I track all the way to the meridian my wiring gets awfully tight at the pier, might have to figure out something different, however a 3 degree limit on each side gives a decent amount of a safe zone.

Thanks for the explanation of the Park, it seemed to work fine. I just didn't remember getting that message before.

Looking forward to hopefully posting some new images soon.

Josh

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 2:21 AM Don W <westergren@...> wrote:
Hi Josh,
It is good to hear from you again. In answer to your question about stopping tracking before the meridian, I think the answer is NO.  Why do you want to do this - maybe there is a work-around?

The latest SiTech is 095P at:
http://siderealtechnology.com/SiTechSetup095P.exe

SiTech records a note in the SiTech.cfg file about the park situation.  All that is - is a 0 for not parked and a 1 for parked.  when you start up SiTechexe, it simply reads that cfg file entry, but that really doesn't do anything.  If the mount is in your park position, then go ahead and UNPARK.