Re: Offset Init & flip during SGP sequencing

paul K

Hi Martin, I had some clear tonight so at 10 pm I set up M95 (east of meridian at that time) as a sequence in SGP.

On this occasion in Sitech I set the scope horizontal pointing Az 90 and parked it there. So my process was as follows:

unpark the mount (I used Sitech interface to do this)
In SGP, tick slave dome to scope, then in target settings click 'Centere now'

Findings:

Scope moves quite quickly to target (as usual for me) - no pier flip.
Dome takes a while to catch up and before it does, SGP's centre now routine is taking an image of the inside of my dome.

I repeated this process three times with the same result each time.

So that wasn't particularly useful, it's similar to what you found, but I had no pier flip from Sitech up to that point of failure.

If it's clear again tomorrow night I'll park at Az 270 and centre on a target west of the meridian to see if the same happens on the west side.

I must admit I'll be surprised if it fails to wait on the west side as that's where I image mostly, and I'm sure I'd have spotted the problem before. I will check though.

Also tomorrow I'll post a pic of my mount parms dialog from Sitech.

Best wishes