Re: Mesu 200 Mk2 Tracking stops close to equator

paul K

Hi Jose, when you say tracking but not engaged, I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. It is useful to test the motors under no load (I guess that's what you mean by not engaged?), but what I'd say is the 'acid test' is to monitor the motor current under a normal load i.e. clutches engaged, mount position set to roughly where it failed and the system tracking. It will probably take a lot of time to check it, but if it's possible to log motor volts and amps you could just check the log. Don will know.

best wishes
Paul

On Thu, 8 Apr 2021 at 10:27, Jose Ignacio Sanchez Rodriguez <jsanchez.es@...> wrote:
Hello Don,

Today I checked the amperage and voltage of the motors on the SiTech Controller Stuff. This was with the motors tracking but not engaged, so as to be able to control for the balance variable. What I saw is that, on what I assume is the DEC motor (the one on the right) the amperage was pretty constant at 0.05. I think this is because, as I am not guiding, the DEC motor is idle. When I hover over the RA motor (the one on the left) the current moves from as los as 0.04 to as high as 0.1.  The voltage (I think there is a common indicator for the two motors) is steady at 13.5, which is my PSU voltage.

I am attaching a link to a short video of this test (the voltage does not show in the video, only the currents).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/764w5rhmvc934jo/Controller%20Stuff%20Motors%20Amperage.mov?dl=0

Is such variation of the RA current something normal?

Best Regards,

Jose