Re: Mesu 200 Mk2 Tracking stops close to equator

Jose Ignacio Sanchez Rodriguez

Hello Don,

Today I checked the amperage and voltage of the motors on the SiTech Controller Stuff. This was with the motors tracking but not engaged, so as to be able to control for the balance variable. What I saw is that, on what I assume is the DEC motor (the one on the right) the amperage was pretty constant at 0.05. I think this is because, as I am not guiding, the DEC motor is idle. When I hover over the RA motor (the one on the left) the current moves from as los as 0.04 to as high as 0.1.  The voltage (I think there is a common indicator for the two motors) is steady at 13.5, which is my PSU voltage.

I am attaching a link to a short video of this test (the voltage does not show in the video, only the currents).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/764w5rhmvc934jo/Controller%20Stuff%20Motors%20Amperage.mov?dl=0

Is such variation of the RA current something normal?

Best Regards,

Jose