Re: Mesu mark 2 RA drift update

Jose Ignacio Sanchez Rodriguez

Hello Torben,

As others have said there is no reason to apologise. I think this is the right place to air these sort of concerns. In my case your thread has helped me a lot when thinking about my issue.

One thing that I am not sure if you tried, maybe you have, is to use the same rig on a different mount. If the discussion is wether the problem is on the mount or on the imaging rig, if you can make the same rig work on a different mount then the discussion should be almost settled. The only lingering issue would be on balance, as a friction drive mount can slip if not properly balanced. But that should be easy to settle by recording the mount balancing exercise.

Best Regards,

Jose