Re: astronomy.net

Ross Salinger

I use MaximDL with AnSvr. It integrates perfectly with it on my iOptron mount. If Pinpoint fails then AnSvr takes over and gives me a solve every time. Then I just do a second "accurate" solve with Pinpoint.

I also used MaximDL/Pinpoint with SiTech and that works fine as well and does not affect the PXP model. I don't really see the need to add in AnSvr to a SiTech system since offset/init works so well, but maybe there's a use case out there.

Rgrds-Ross

On 6/24/2020 8:46 AM, James Roe wrote:
Right now I am using MaximDL with its built-in PinPoint and Elbrus to plate solve and sync.  As I understand it, you are using SGP in place of MaximDL, right?  Maybe I should ask if MaximDL can use ANSVR?  Alternatively, can I access ANSVR via a VBscript to accept an image and report the solved coordinates?

Thanks for any insight.

Jim Roe

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 10:26 AM paul K <paulskirk53@...> wrote:
I am not sure of the question, ANSVR provides local astrometry.net facilities via downloaded index files, but I use it with SGP and Sitech. Perhaps Don or Dan can answer as to whether Sitech alone can be configured to use it.