Re: Comet Tracking

Alvaro Cruz-Cabrera

Yes, I am going to try that.   Now I am trying to figure out how to download the file from the web.
The only weird thing is that the data files in the SiTech\SitechExe\Database\ are extension .dat, but the file with the ephemerids is with extension .txt.

I hope that is correct.

Alvaro

On 4/4/2020 3:26 PM, Ross Salinger wrote:

When using the SKYX you also need to push the button Set Track Rates on the Telescope tab to get the correct tracking rate for a comet or an asteroid. I'd stick with the SkyView technique - it works no matter what software you are using.

Rgrds-Ross

On 4/4/2020 1:42 PM, Don W wrote:
Hi Alvaro,

The easy way in SiTech is to download the comet database into SkyView and then tell Skyview to go to the comet.  The Skyview dialog will offer to set the tracking rates for the comet (each comet is different).  Alternatively if you use a planetarium program like TheSky and it is connected to SiTech, then directing the mount to the comet from TheSky will set the tracking rates for you.