Re: Unable to Talk to ServoII

Ross Salinger

I have two of these 7 port/USB 3 versions for several years now and they have worked down to 0C with no problems.

I have just added this exact USB2 version and it worked fine down to about 5C which is cold as it’s been lately.

Rgrds-Ross

Sent: Monday, January 9, 2017 12:38 PM
To: SiTechservo@...
Subject: Re: [SiTechservo] Unable to Talk to ServoII

To echo Steve, it's the startech 7 port I have.

Gordon Wright

On 9 Jan 2017, at 20:26, 'Steve Barton' esbarton1@... [SiTechservo] <SiTechservo@...> wrote:

Hello Rick

If it a USB hub you are looking for......

I have 3 of them and they have worked flawlessly over the years.. I do not see the very cold temps in S. Florida but have seen many nights where these hubs had dew dripping off of them,

Steve B

From: 'rick.wagner rick.wagner' rick.wagner@... [SiTechservo]

Sent: Monday, January 09, 2017 11:14 AM

To: sitechservo

Subject: RE: [SiTechservo] Unable to Talk to ServoII

Thanks Ross.  I tried a heating pad on the USB hub to see if warming it up would help but no luck.  Just now I tried connecting with my laptop and a short known reasonably good (though not premium quality - don't have any of those) and I notice that the LED next to the USB jack on the ServoII does light up which it didn't last night using my standard hookup.  However, I still couldn't connect and when trying to debug that I notice that I can no longer view Ports in my device manager.  Sigh, bloody Windows.  I'll have to debug that before I can get back to ServoII.

So can people recommend sources (ideally but not necessarily Canadian) for high quality USB hubs and cables?  I searched around for an hour or so last night and the only hubs I could find were of order several hundreds of dollars and nobody had any cables that recommended themselves.  And I know none of the computer or electronics stores I frequent have anything.

Rick

---------- Original Message ----------
From: "Ross Salinger rgsalinger@... [SiTechservo]" <SiTechservo@...>
Date: January 8, 2017 at 7:58 PM

Join Sitechservo@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.