From: SiTechservo@... [mailto:SiTechservo@...]
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2016 10:00 AM
To: SiTechservo@...
Subject: Re: [SiTechservo] Re: Encoder vibrations

Sweet!   I am not sure I have ever heard Dan state what he thought was the max tics per rev for a ServoII.

It's obviously screaming fast!

Chuck

On Aug 29, 2016, at 11:02 AM, westergren@... [SiTechservo] <SiTechservo@...> wrote:

Hi Chuck,

The 25 inch at TAI is using absolute encoders with 2^26 = 67,108,864 bits and slews at 5° per sec.  The Servo II handles it well.

Don W

---In SiTechservo@..., <candcshaw@...> wrote :

Wow, at 64,800,00 tic’s per rev, I would be afraid to cough near the mount!

What slew speed are you able to achieve?  The ScopeII controller reads the encoders very fast, but 64.8M is a lot of bits to swallow at a time!!

Chuck