SimSmith, Computer Aided Smith Charts. SimSmith@groups.ioSimSmith 'Computer Aided Smith Charts'.
SimSmith is the most advanced Smith chart software available today. It provides real time circuit editing, analysis, and result plotting on Smith charts as well as traditional SWR charts.
Unlike any other Smith chart software package, SimSmith circuits are not limited to 'ladder circuits'. SImSmith can analyze arbitrary circuits including diplexers, Zmatches, Johnson Matchboxes, etc. No arbitrary limits are circuit size are enforced.
SimSmith can read 'impedance' files from a variety of test equipment and component manufactures. This allows precise circuit analysis using real world characteristics of antennas, inductors, capacitors, and hybrids.
SimSmith provides a comprehensive programming environment which allows the user to automate design and analysis techniques.
SImSmith is the subject of dozens of videos demonstrating basic use and application to RF circuit design. Two YouTube channels contain most of these videos: AE6TY demonstrates basic use and programming capabilities, and W0QE covers basic use and the application of SimSmith to RF circuits of general interest.
AE6TY YouTube Channel
W0QE YouTube Channel
SimSmith is written in Java and runs on Windows, Macos, and Linux.
it is free to download at www.ae6ty.com.
This mailing list is used to ask questions, reports bugs, and announce new releases.
Group Email Addresses
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.