TRC - Archaeological Field Technicians Needed - Mid-Atlantic & Northeast
TRC - ARCHAEOLOGICAL FIELD TECHNICIANS NEEDED – Mid-Atlantic & Northeast
TRC Companies, Inc., a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960's, is a national engineering and environmental consulting firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in industry and government, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation. With one of the largest multimedia air and land permitting and compliance teams in the country, our Planning, Permitting and Licensing (PPL) practice delivers comprehensive environmental solutions to meet the full project life cycle needs of clients in energy, transportation and manufacturing industries.
TRC has immediate openings for temporary Archaeological Field Technicians out of our Lanham, Maryland office. Successful candidates will work on large- and small-scale projects throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast regions. Work will begin immediately and continue through November on a project-to-project basis. Laboratory work will also be available for candidates within commuting distance to the TRC Lanham, MD office.
Field Technicians will work closely with other TRC archaeologists, environmental staff, permitting specialists, and managers in TRC's PPL practice. We are looking for individuals enthusiastic about their work with a strong commitment to client service and technical excellence. Successful candidates will enjoy the challenges of working alongside others in a fast-paced environment and developing effective solutions to project challenges. This position will require regular travel away from the home office. Employment with TRC is subject to the successful completion of a background check and drug screen.
- Ensure the quality of archaeological data, fieldwork, and paperwork.
- Perform archaeological surveys, testing, data recovery and monitoring.
- Complete tasks in a timely fashion; coordinate with project managers regarding project requirements and expectations.
- A degree in anthropology, archaeology, or a related discipline.
- 1 or more years of experience in archaeological surveys and/or excavations.
- Ability to think critically in the field.
- Familiarity with digital field technology (GPS, Trimble etc.) preferred.
- A commitment to quality and safety.
- A willingness to walk long distances and perform physically demanding tasks in varying environments and conditions (i.e. steep terrain, heat, cold, etc.).
- Applicants must be willing to travel, have excellent communication skills, and work well on a team and individually.
To apply for this position, please send a letter of interest and resume/CV with at least two recent work references to Patrick Walters at pwalters@....
EOE: Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Send your resume to Patrick Walter pwalters@... if interested.