Topics

Tennessee Fieldwork

Scott

Midsouth Cultural Resource Consultants is seeking a qualified field archaeologist to conduct small to medium Phase I survey projects primarily in Middle Tennessee, but throughout the Midsouth region as well. The individual will minimally have a B.A./B.S., preferably M.A., and commensurate amount of experience in participating and directing Phase I survey projects. Primary responsibilities will include conducting background research required for assessments; leading and supervising field staff; recording prehistoric and historic sites through survey; monitoring fieldwork quality and reviewing paperwork/notes. Duties may also include technical report preparation. The candidate must exhibit ability to adhere and complete projects according to budgets and schedules; maintain appropriate professional standards of quality and technical proficiency; positively interact with clients, governmental agencies, team members, and general public to meet deadlines and confidently represent the company; and other duties as may be required. Traveling for non-local projects is necessary.
The pay rate for this position is competitive and dependent on experience with opportunities for advancement. The position is considered to be full-time based upon the current project workload. We seek a candidate who wishes to grow within the company. Please email Scott Jones at jsjones@... with letter of interest and current CV or resume. Please profive references.
--
J. Scott Jones, PhD., RPA
President, Midsouth Cultural Resource Consultants