Temporary Archaeological Field Director - Nevada
Logan Simpson, a growing environmental planning, cultural resources, and landscape architectural design firm, currently seeks a temporary Archaeological Field Director to work in Nevada.
The preferred candidate must have qualifications to be listed as a Crew Chief or Principal Investigator on Logan Simpson’s Nevada BLM permit, specifically for the Ely and Southern Nevada districts. Additionally, the preferred candidate will have qualifications to be listed on permits for other agencies in Nevada and/or in one or more adjacent states (AZ, UT, CA, and CO). The candidate does not need to live in Nevada.
Candidates must possess demonstrable expertise supervising all aspects of cultural resources management (CRM) survey, site recording, and associated report preparation, and be able to accurately and efficiently record cultural resources in the field, manage a field crew, operate a GPS unit with a data recorder, prepare site records, and conduct quality control/quality assurance reviews of field data. Must also be knowledgeable of federal, state, and local historic preservation and cultural resources regulations, and demonstrate an established area of analytical expertise and/or archaeological research interest.
· Master’s degree in Anthropology or closely related field or equivalent experience;
· 3+ years of CRM archaeology or agency experience;
· Proficiency with technical writing and Microsoft Office products;
· Ability to demonstrate written and verbal communication skills, and demonstrable experience independently preparing technical survey reports;
· Ability to hike up to 10 miles a day in rugged terrain;
· Ability to operate a 4-wheel drive vehicle and navigate rough dirt roads
Logan Simpson offers a comprehensive benefit package and a competitive salary. If interested, please apply online at https://logansimpson.com/temporary-archaeological-field-director-nevada/ and attach a resume and a cover letter that includes salary requirements.
Logan Simpson is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
51 W. 3rd St., Ste. 450
Tempe, AZ 85281