Temp Archaeology Field Lead; 2 weeks; Phase II; Carroll, Madison Counties, Arkansas; $22/hr
In this project-specific position, the Archaeological Field Lead will manage a 2-week Phase II archaeological survey project in Carroll and Madison Counties, Arkansas, with a tentative start date of October 10, 2021. There is potential to lead into Phase I work in Iowa through the upcoming 2021 field season.
Under the supervision of the Principal Investigator, the Field Lead will be responsible for the oversight and direction of all archaeological field investigations conducted by members of their field crew and implementing field procedures established by Merjent. Duties will include the following:
qualifications and experience
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
· Demonstrated experience overseeing and supervising cultural resource field surveys and survey crews.
· Detail oriented, organized, and able to meet deadlines on fast-paced projects.
· Preference will be given to those experienced with GIS/GPS data collection.
· Minimum of 1 year of experience in a similar leadership capacity conducting fieldwork.
· A Graduate degree in archaeology, anthropology, or related science (Secretary of the Interior's Standards) is preferred, but not required.
schedule and compensation
· Schedule On: Monday – Saturday; 10-hour days
· Schedule Off: Sunday
· Hourly Position - Overtime paid for all hours worked over 40
· Project based lodging (single occupancy) and per diem
Candidates interested in applying should submit a cover letter and your resume with three professional references to Angela Julin, Principal Investigator, at angela.julin@....
1 Main Street SE, Suite 300