Temp Archaeology Field Technicians (5); 2 weeks; Phase II; Carroll, Madison Counties, Arkansas; $17/hr
In this project-specific position, the Archaeological Field Technician will be part of a 2-week Phase II archaeological survey project in Carroll and Madison Counties, Arkansas, with a tentative start date of October 10, 2021. There is potential to lead into Phase I work in Iowa through the upcoming 2021 field season.
Under the supervision of the Field Lead for Phase II survey, the Field Technician will be responsible for performing common tasks associated with archaeological investigations and surveys within the archaeological project area. Duties will include the following:
· Perform Phase II excavation including shovel/hand excavation, screening, feature identification, and removal.
Complete field-related paperwork including but not limited to recordation of excavated units, plan views, and
· May assist in technical site mapping, photography, and artifact collection.
qualifications and experience
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
· Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in archaeology, anthropology, or related science.
· Successful completion of an archaeological field school.
· Minimum of 1 year of experience in a similar capacity conducting fieldwork.
schedule and compensation
· Schedule On: Monday – Saturday; 10-hour days
· Schedule Off: Sunday
· Hourly Position - Overtime paid for all hours worked over 40
· Project-based lodging (single occupancy) and per diem
Candidates interested in applying should submit a cover letter and your resume with three professional references to Angela Julin, Principal Investigator, at angela.julin@....
1 Main Street SE, Suite 300