Topics

Supervising Archaeologist, Assistant Project Manager/Supervising Archaeologist

Jo Reese

Archaeological Investigations Northwest, Inc.

Portland, Oregon

Supervising Archaeologist

Assistant Project Manager/Supervising Archaeologist

AINW has openings for two professional archaeologist positions.  These are for a Supervising Archaeologist and for an Assistant Project Manager/Supervising Archaeologist.  Both are full‑time, regular positions to be based at our Portland, Oregon, office.  The positions may require frequent travel to projects throughout the Pacific Northwest, including work in Oregon, Washington, and neighboring states.

Who We’re Looking For

Both positions require the successful candidate to be professionally qualified in archaeology per the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards and Guidelines.  Minimum requirements include a M.A. or M.S. degree in anthropology or closely related field, and 3 to 5 years of archaeological experience.  The assistant project manager position requires previous supervision of field personnel.  Successful candidates will also have strong scientific writing skills and the ability to collaborate and work with other staff to prepare professional reports.  Both positions require working cooperatively with managers, technical staff, and administrative staff.

Familiarity with cultural resource management laws and regulations and knowledge of Pacific Northwest archaeology, history, and geography are strongly desired.  Candidates must be able to obtain archaeology permits issued by Oregon and Washington.

Who We Are

AINW has been in business for 31 years and our personnel encompass a full range of cultural resource disciplines and specialties.  AINW actively works towards sustainability and diversity, and contributes to our community.  AINW supports the professional development, health, and safety of our employees.  AINW’s website can provide information about the firm:  https://www.ainw.com.

How to Apply

For more information and to apply, please contact AINW at https://ainw.com/employment.  If you are interested in applying for one of these positions, please send a letter of interest and availability and a current resume/vita that provides information about your capabilities and employment experience to jobinfo@....  We encourage applicants to describe the area of their specialization and interest.  If you would like additional information, you may contact AINW via e-mail at jobinfo@...

AINW is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.