Staff Archaeologist - Washington State - RLR Cultural Resources, LLC

Christopher Landreau

Staff Archaeologist

RLR Cultural Resources, LLC is seeking a professional Staff Archaeologist to start in March 2021 on a project-by-project basis with the potential for part to full time permanent employment within four months.

Requirements:

·        Graduate degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or related field.

·     A minimum of 6 months (one year preferred) of experience participating in cultural resources survey, Basic GPS/GIS recordation, and/or construction monitoring in the Pacific Northwest,

·        Experience with identification of human remains preferred but not required,

·        Completion of a certified archaeological field school, ability to operate handheld GPS units (Arc GIS Collector),

·        Ability to travel to Wenatchee, Richland or Walla Walla, WA on a weekly basis,

·        Basic knowledge of Pacific Northwest site/artifact types, field methods and soils.

·        Ability to manage work time efficiently and complete projects on time and within scope and budget.

·        Must follow a detailed monitoring plan and potentially work with tribal representatives,

·        Must have a history of good work attendance and punctuality and have reliable transportation.

·        Knowledge of Microsoft Suite is preferred.

Job Specific Information

Work will take place in central Washington State, beginning in March or April, 2021.  Work will consist of cultural resources survey and/or monitoring excavation in central Washington State.  The job involves recording/updating cultural resources, completing daily logs, and working with City and Construction company personnel.  Hotel for four night a week is included on monitoring projects, and per diem is $66/day.  Pay rate would depend on experience $26-$33 per hour. Health insurance begins after the 90 day mandatory probationary period.

About RLR

RLR Cultural Resources LLC was founded in 2002. We have conducted both archaeological and Historic preservation projects in fulfillment of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), Washington State Environmental Protection Act (SEPA), the National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA), and other federal laws. We meet the Secretary of Interior Guidelines for Archaeology and Historic Preservation, and all our projects are directed toward the fulfillment of those various regulations.  We follow all State and Federal reporting guidelines during the course of our projects.  RLR is based out of Ellensburg, WA.

If interested, please email a resume/CV and cover letter to Chris Landreau chris@... or Josh Allen at josh@....  No phone calls. Our main offices are located at 115 E. 4th Ave, Ellensburg, WA

--
Christopher Landreau
Project Director