Senior-level Archaeologist- Full-time Regular position

Audrey Wheeler

Senior-level Archaeologist

ECORP Consulting, Inc. is seeking a qualified, experienced, and dynamic senior-level archaeologist for our Northern and Southern California practices. This position may be located in any of our California offices.

Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:

  • serving as a Principal Investigator on projects throughout California;
  • providing mentorship and leadership to mid-level and junior staff;
  • coordinating project tasks to meet cost and schedule objectives;
  • supervising and participating in field and laboratory work;
  • supervising groups of Senior, Staff, Associate, and Assistant Archaeologists;
  • authoring cultural resources technical reports;
  • developing new business from referrals from new and/or existing clients and assisting with marketing efforts;
  • preparing cultural resources proposals and assisting with the preparation of multidisciplinary proposals;
  • assisting the Group Manager and/or Department Director with supervision and review of department staff members;
  • advising clients and agencies on compliance matters;
  • serving as a tribal liaison; and
  • training staff in cultural resource project/task completion and reviewing work of other team members.

Minimum requirements include:

  • a master’s or doctorate degree in anthropology or archaeology;
  • a minimum of 10 years of experience in environmental and cultural resources management consulting in California;
  • Registered Professional Archaeologist (or ability to become certified as such upon hire);
  • ability to carry out fieldwork and/or construction monitoring, which may require periodic travel and work in extreme or challenging physical environments;
  • ability to function effectively in a fast-paced team environment but also to work independently;
  • a strong working knowledge of the federal and state regulatory settings;
  • proven ability to senior author cultural resource management reports; and
  • knowledge of the prehistory, history, archaeology, and ethnography of California.

The following qualities and skills are highly desired:

  • demonstrated experience serving as a consultant in an advisory capacity to clients;
  • project management experience, including a proven ability to be on time and on budget;
  • excellent problem-solving skills, particularly in complex CRM projects;
  • ability to communicate effectively in writing and through oral presentations; and
  • strong organizational skills and work ethic.

We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits program.  If interested, please email your resume and cover letter to jobs@.... Please visit our website at http://www.ecorpconsulting.com to learn more about our company.

ECORP is an EEO Employer

Audrey Wheeler,  SHRM-CP, PHR

Director of Human Resources

Federal Small Business (SB)

California Small Business for Public Works (SB-PW)

2525 Warren Drive, Rocklin, CA  95677

Ph: 916.782.9100 Fax: 916.782.5323

awheeler@... www.ecorpconsulting.com

Rocklin  Redlands  Santa Ana  San Diego  Chico  Flagstaff, AZ  Santa Fe, NM