Topics

Senior Biologist - Yucwmenlúcwu of Splatsin. Enderby, BC - Deadline for Submissions May 25, 2020

R. Joe Brandon

SENIOR BIOLOGIST

Yucwmenlúcwu is a full-service Heritage, Environment, and Forestry resource management company based in Enderby, BC. We are a subsidiary of Splatsin Development Corporation, an economic development corporation wholly owned by Splatsin, the southernmost tribe of the Secwepemc Nation. At Yucwmenlúcwu, we believe in work-life balance, growing rewarding careers, and the highest standards of practice.

Our Environmental team thrives on building lasting relationships, continuous improvement, and bringing 21st century solutions to environmental resources management. We work with Splatsin to build capacity in the community and support Splatsin’s economic development goals.

Our team is comprised of over 30 professionals and technicians focused on the protection and conservation of cultural and natural resources.  Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts guide our projects with precision and a vision for growth.

Summary of Duties

The purpose of this position is to lead the environmental team in the management and delivery of various field projects and conservation initiatives. The specific fields include environmental impact assessment, environmental permitting and monitoring, aquatic ecology, fish and riparian habitat restoration, and water management.

The Senior Biologist position requires an individual who is a self-starter and who wishes to develop their career with our diverse team.

Required attributes are:

  • Previous experience working with a First Nations community or organization
  • Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Natural Resources, Biology or equivalent
  • Minimum of 5 years of multidisciplinary experience in aquatic ecology/freshwater fisheries biology/management, and field biology in an environmental consulting capacity
  • Minimum of 3 years of direct project management experience
  • Understanding of aquatic ecosystems and riparian restoration in the Southern Interior of BC
  • Registered (or eligible) Professional Biologist in BC with the BC College of Applied Biology
  • Knowledge of provincial and federal regulatory processes, guidelines, and best management practices in BC
  • Ability to cultivate relationships with community members, colleagues, and partners
  • Excellent organization, prioritization and time management skills
  • Proven ability to work within project budgets, under contracts and with sub-consultants
  • Demonstrated technical writing and research experience
  • Strong interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
  • Discretion and respect for confidentiality
  • Possess a current and valid Canadian Driver’s License

If you are a reliable team player that enjoys a dynamic work environment, competitive hourly rate, benefits package and an opportunity to share your skills and talents, we would like to hear from you. Please forward your resume and covering letter to human_resouces@...

Deadline for Submissions

May 25, 2020

Pursuant to section 16 of the Canadian Human Rights Act, preference may be given to

applicants of aboriginal ancestry