The Versar Environmental Services Group is seeking a Senior Archaeologist to augment its cultural resources staff. Versar is looking for a dynamic person who is able to service a wide variety of clients.
The primary duties of the successful candidate will include:
- Excellent writing, communication, and mentoring skills
- Extensive knowledge of archaeological inventory, testing, and excavation techniques
- Ability to successfully plan, conduct, and manage Phase I inventory, Phase II evaluation, and Phase III data recovery efforts
- Actively assist in the manual excavation of shovel tests and test units
- Conduct archaeological research and analysis
- Prepare technical reports of methodology, findings, and recommendations
- Logistically plan and implement field projects
- Direct field crews and advise crew in applicable methodology
- Ability to work with technical field, office staff, managers, and adminstrative staff to ensure that projects meet quality standards
- Experienced in organizing and maintaining data, and completing archaeological site forms
- Capacity to handle complex tasks under pressure and under stringent time constraints
- Ability to exercise professional judgment and discretion
- Ability and adaptability to deal with ambiguity such as unexpected changes in weather, client demands, and project priorities and schedules
- Prepare project and proposal budgets
- Ability to manage projects within budget and schedule
- Candidates must have an M.A. degree in Anthropology
- 3-4 years of work experience and 2 years of experience as a Senior Archaeologist and/or Principal Investigator.
- Must be willing to travel and be physically capable of conducting field work.
- Demonstrated experience in directing field crews, producing quality reports, managing complex projects, and knowledge of compliance regulations is essential.
- A candidate must have demonstrated research, writing, and management experience to direct field research and produce quality reports for both federal and commercial clients.
- Prior archaeological experience in Texas and surrounding states is necessary.
- Caddoan archaeology experience is a plus.
- The individual must be able to function as a project manager, traveling relatively frequently and spending periods in the field;\
- Must have demonstrated proficiency with GIS software and GPS technology and experience in CRM involving Section 106 compliance as well as quality research.
- The individual must also have good interpersonal and writing skills and background experience as a Senior Archaeologist and/or Principal Investigator.
To apply, please email a copy of your most recent resume to Tanequa Doby at tdoby@...