Senior Archaeologist - Massachusetts
USA - Massachusetts
AECOM has a full-time position available now for a Senior Archaeologist in the Chelmsford, MA office.
· Leading fieldwork (survey, testing, data recovery, and monitoring), archival research, technical report writing, state and federal archaeological permitting, data collection and compilation, and GIS mapping.
· Firm understanding and knowledge of state and federal environmental regulatory framework, including the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), National Historic Preservation Act, and Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut cultural resources rules and regulations.
· Gathering data and other information to be used in the preparation of environmental reports.
· Working under supervision of senior staff but capable of completing all but the most complex tasks with minimal supervision.
· Supervise personnel in the field, office, and laboratory, as needed.
· Assist with project management and author proposal scopes and budgets.
· Providing specialist technical advice on cultural resource management to clients, as well as AECOM Project Managers, planners and subject matter experts.
· Liaise and develop positive relationships with clients and other stakeholders
· BA/BS in Anthropology, Archaeology, History, or a closely related field
· 6+ years of relevant experience to include Artifact identification skills and experience with the identification of both Prehistoric and Historic material and advanced knowledge in one or more specialty scientific areas (e.g., lithic or faunal analysis; historical archaeology).
· Experience implementing Sections 106 and 110 of the National Historic Preservation Act.
· Must be willing to travel and able to conduct fieldwork throughout New England including some brief overnight stays in the area
· Experience supervising large crews and/or multiple crews on a variety of project types and sizes, regions, and agencies.
· Current valid US driver’s license
· Due to the nature of the work, US Citizenship is required
· MA in Anthropology, Archaeology, History, or a closely related field is highly preferred
· Meet the Secretary of Interior’s professional qualification standards in Archaeology.
· Ten (10) years of experience in historic and/or prehistoric archaeology and cultural resources management highly preferred
· Five (5) years of experience in a supervisory capacity in the field or in the office highly preferred
· Relevant field experience in New England, especially Massachusetts highly preferred
· Experience with tribal consultation
· Proficiency in the use of Trimble and tablets for GPS data collection, as well as ArcGIS software
· Experience managing cultural resources management projects, including budgets, scheduling, and scopes of work.
· Experience conducting performance reviews and effectively manage field staff.
· Has worked on an interdisciplinary team of subject matter experts and planners.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Senior Talent Acquisition Recruiter
D 905 747-7631
C 416 577 9846
To register with AECOM please create or
update your profile here.
Built to deliver a better world
This communication is intended for the sole use of the person(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or subject to copyright. Any unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately. Any communication received in error should be deleted and all copies destroyed.
Please consider the environment before printing this page.